Sunday, March 29, 2009

What Happened Next....?

I left out a detail before. Remember when I said the layoff happened on 8 February? Well, if you look at your calendar, that is a Sunday. Nothing really wrong with that, right?

It was also via email.

The email came at 930am from my manager, who we shall call by her initials, Traci, so she can remain anonymous. It said:

"I regret to inform you that we have no more work available to sustain your position. I am sorry."

There was a separation letter attached, to speed up the unemployment claim process, and that was it.

Not sure if you all know, but I was one of their Managers. I was the Manager of the Refund and Exchange Department. At the time, I was furious, thinking I deserved a bit of a parade and some crying or something as I left. Now I look back and I am fine with it.

Even a couple days later, after I lamented over how I was going to end up living in a cardboard box under a bridge, I did decide that this was for the best. This was the Universe saying to me, "Hey! Pssst! You there... get the heck out of that job you hate."

So about three days after the layoff, I was ok. Would it last? I doubt it. I know me. I am a panicker. I start thinking about not having money and then not paying bills and then losing my car and then losing my place and sleeping under the stars, but not in a good way.

Whew.

My nest adventure... applying for unemployment.

No comments: