Sunday, March 29, 2009

You Never Think It Will Happen To You...

.... but it did.

I got laid off on 8 February. The signs were there. We had all been worried for quite some time. Hours had been cut, responsibilities had been re-assigned, titles had been moved around... all the things the news, articles and websites told me were WARNING signals that lay-offs were about to happen were in effect.

So what did I do?

I hid my head in the sand.

Lots of things went through my mind:

"I can't get another job."
"This is the only thing I know how to do"
"I have no other skills"
"Writing a resume is hard work"
"I won't be the one to get let go"


The next bunch of entries will tell you how I figured this out.

I am excited to share. I hope you will comment and offer up your experiences.

Happy reading.Post Options
I was wrong on all accounts.


2 comments:

Jessie said...

You don't ever think it will happen to you. When it does, there's a terrible combination of panic and relief. At least now you know, and you can move forward, but how?? I'm looking forward to following your story. Best of luck!!

Teri McIntosh said...

dude that really sucks, now what do i have to click on so you can get paid?